This page contains surveys of candidates conducted by organizations interested in the candidates' policy views.
on Sep 9, 2020
Political Group Survey: the PVS survey question on abortion rights
Source: PVS Survey
Project Vote Smart inferred whether candidates agree or disagree with the statement, 'Abortion: Do you generally support pro-choice or pro-life legislation?'
PVS self-description: "The Political Courage Test provides voters with positions on key issues. Historically, candidates have failed to complete our test due to the advice they receive from their advisors and out of fear of negative attack ads."
Also see the Christian Coalition survey question on abortion funding as a related survey question; the AFA survey question on Born Alive Survivors from a similar survey question; and the 2018 PVS survey question on abortion rights.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 1.
Question 1: Abortion is a woman's unrestricted right
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Abortion
- Headline: Pro-choice, according to PVS survey
- Headline 2: Pro-life, according to PVS survey
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 20PVS-1
||s2-||CA03 Former Initiator of Gubernatorial Recall (2003)|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: