This page contains surveys of candidates conducted by organizations interested in the candidates' policy views.
on Sep 10, 2020
Political Group Survey: the Christian Coalition survey question on "Ban the Box"
Source: CC Survey
The Christian Coalition inferred whether candidates agree or disagree with the statement, 'Eliminate Barriers to Housing and Employment for Those Who Have Successfully Completed their Sentence?'
[Ed.: "Ban the Box" refers to a checkbox that applicants must check when applying for jobs or housing, indicating whether they have an arrest record or a felony conviction.]
Self-description by Christian Coalition of America: "These guides help give voters a clear understanding of where candidates stand on important pro-family issues" for all Senate and Presidential candidates.
Also see the Christian Coalition survey question on defunding the police as a related survey question; the PVS survey question on police liability from a similar survey question; and the 2018 CC survey question on services for rehabilitated felons.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 9.
Question 9: Stricter punishment reduces crime
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Jobs
- Headline: Let ex-cons apply freely, according to CC survey
- Headline 2: Require ex-cons to list arrest, according to CC survey
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 20CC-9B
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: