Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Truth-out.org political website
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Truthout.org political website (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (2) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Yang (1) Democratic candidate for President; CEO
- Barack Obama (1) Democratic President (elected 2008)
- Bernie Sanders (1) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke (1) Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Cory Booker (2) New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Don Berwick (1) Massachusetts Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Donald Trump (2) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Elizabeth Warren (2) Massachusetts Senator
- Hillary Clinton (1) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Howie Hawkins (3) New York Green Party Presidential Challenger
- Jay Inslee (1) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- Jill Stein (23) Green Challenger
- Joe Biden (2) Democratic V.P.
- John Delaney (1) Maryland Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from MD-6
- Kamala Harris (1) California Democratic nominee for Vice President; California Senator
- Kirsten Gillibrand (1) New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Margaret Flowers (1) Green Senate candidate Maryland
- Marianne Williamson (1) Democratic candidate for President
- Tulsi Gabbard (2) Hawaii Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from HI-2
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from Truth-out.org political website:
- "Trump's Support for Israel's Killing of Iranian Scientist Could Lead to War," by Marjorie Cohn, December 1, 2020
- (On Don Berwick): Truthout "News Analysis" by Michael Corcoran, 6/9/2016
- (On Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton): Truthout "News Analysis" by Michael Corcoran, 6/9/2016
- (On Barack Obama): Truthout "News Analysis" by Henry A. Giroux, 6/7/2016
- Truthout OpEd by Margaret Flowers and Jill Stein, 2/5/2016
- (On Jill Stein): Interview with Candice Bernd of Truthout.org, 6/25/2015
- (On Jill Stein): Interview with Steve Horn of Truthout.org, 1/29/2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Howie Hawkins: Income gap between rich and everyone else has grown.
Jill Stein: 2011 debt ceiling debacle spurred candidacy.
Jill Stein: Must follow up direct action with electoral politics.
Jill Stein: I support legalization of marijuana.
Jill Stein: Establish basic right to free college education.
Jill Stein: Students are on the receiving end of generational injustice.
Energy & Oil|
Jill Stein: Completely zero out climate emissions, as fast as possible.
Jill Stein: We can't wait 4 more years to address climate change.
Jill Stein: National ban on fracking; natural gas is not clean.
Jill Stein: No evidence that carbon sequestration solves climate crisis.
Jill Stein: Water should be tested for radioactivity and heavy metals.
Margaret Flowers: Water should be tested for radioactivity and heavy metals.
Jill Stein: Restore shorelines, deltas, forests, and grazing systems.
Joe Biden: Work with NATO, with U.S. as the indispensable leader.
Jill Stein: Start holding all parties accountable in Israel/Palestine.
Jill Stein: No corporate nor lobbyist donations; just small donors.
Jill Stein: 2002 Clean Elections repeal meant "throw the bums out".
Don Berwick: ObamaCare is massive step forward, but we need single-payer.
Hillary Clinton: OpEd: Settling for ObamaCare abandons single-payer.
Jill Stein: What injures the climate's health also injures human health.
Jill Stein: Medical doctor & advocate for community health provider.
Jill Stein: ObamaCare was step backward for goal of single payer.
Amy Klobuchar: Voted for 95% of military spending bills in Congress.
Andrew Yang: Too much military spending focuses in decades-old threats.
Beto O`Rourke: Supported 11th aircraft carrier; opposed 1% military cut.
Cory Booker: Supports military spending on Foreign Affairs Committee.
Elizabeth Warren: End stranglehold of defense contractors on military policy.
John Delaney: Voted for 25 out of 28 military spending bills.
Tulsi Gabbard: Don't cut military budget; fund weapons systems & ABMs.
Barack Obama: OpEd: Did not prosecute official acts of torture.
Jill Stein: Patriot Act ends the right to judicial review.
Jill Stein: Bloated military budget enables knee-jerk military solutions.
Jill Stein: Focus on pink jobs: the jobs of meeting human needs.
Jill Stein: Stimulus spent $220K per job; I propose $20K per green job.
Principles & Values|
Donald Trump: OpEd: Trump's rise analogous to Hitler's in 1930s Germany.
Jill Stein: Ran as Green Party nominee for MA governor in 2002 & 2010.
Jill Stein: Silence is not an effective political strategy.
Howie Hawkins: The most regressive tax of all is the FICA payroll tax.
War & Peace|
Donald Trump: Implicitly approved Israel killing Iranian nuclear scientist.
Amy Klobuchar: Supported regime change in Libya; supports Israeli military.
Bernie Sanders: Cut military spending, except F-35 at Vermont air base.
Cory Booker: End intervention in Yemen & Iran, but not Israel.
Elizabeth Warren: No intervention in Yemen; but intervention in Gaza OK.
Jay Inslee: Opposed war in Iraq; opposed use of torture.
Joe Biden: Supported wars in Iraq & Afghanistan, but not Iran.
Kamala Harris: Ok with Israeli settlements in Palestinian territory.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Withdraw from Yemen; Withdraw from Afghanistan.
Marianne Williamson: Stop relying on brute force internationally.
Tulsi Gabbard: No regime change in Iran; no war in Yemen.
Welfare & Poverty|
Howie Hawkins: Reparations and Green New Deal to close racial income gap.
The above quotations are from Truth-out.org political website.