Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles in The New Republic magazine
(Click for external website)
Articles in The New Republic magazine:
- "HUD Deserves Better Than Marcia Fudge," by Morgan Baskin, December 14, 2020
- (On 2020 presidential race): "Justin Amash and the Libertarian Future," by Lucy Steigerwald, July 29, 2019
- "Jay Inslee Would Like Your Attention, Please," by Amy Westervelt, June 26, 2019
- "Minutes: Sanders's rotating judges," by Matt Ford, June 29 2019
- (On 2019 Democratic presidential primaries): "Andrew Yang's Disjointed Plan to Reform American Democracy," by Matt Ford, May 13, 2019
- "Is Pete Buttigieg a Political Genius?," by Alex Shephard, March 29, 2019
- "The Democrats Stole the Green Party's Best Idea," by Emily Atkin, February 22, 2019
- "One Lonely Republican Voted Against Keystone: Justin Amash," by Rebecca Leber, February 11, 2015
- "Minutes: Tom Steyer Jumpstart," by Rebecca Leber, July 2015
- "Tom Steyer Is the Devil," by Rebecca Leber, February 27, 2015
- "A Change Long Overdue: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on the First Year of Women in Combat," by Nora Caplan-Bricker, January 24, 2014
- "Ten Things You Didn't Know About Kirsten Gillibrand," by Eve Fairbanks, January 23, 2009
- The New Republic, "Deval Patrick, machine slayer," by Jason Zengerle, November 6, 2006
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Paula Jean Swearengin: Pro-choice, including abortion alternatives.
Budget & Economy|
Kathleen Sebelius: Erased $1.1 billion budget deficit without raising taxes.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Worrying about somebody's sexuality is just ridiculous.
Deval Patrick: Wrote letters to parole board for convicted rapist.
Deval Patrick: I don't need to be lectured about crime.
Rahm Emanuel: Expanded graduation rate at city colleges from 7% to 14%.
Energy & Oil|
Jay Inslee: Plan: $9 trillion investment, transition from coal.
Jay Inslee: Ready to support anyone who adopts his climate change plan.
Jay Inslee: Takes a more aggressive stance against fossil fuel companies.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: OpEd: Green New Deal idea borrowed from Green Party.
Green Party: Reorganize society to accomplish Green New Deal.
Howie Hawkins: I'm the original Green New Dealer, since 2010.
Tom Steyer: AdWatch: Do even more with endless supply of wind and sun.
Tom Steyer: CPAC panel discussion: "What Tom Steyer Won't Tell You".
Justin Amash: Voted no on Keystone pipeline for favoring special interests.
Bill Flores: Attack EPA ozone standards and power plant caps.
Rahm Emanuel: Let every child have 10-minute walk to park or playground.
Rahm Emanuel: Gentrification can be done right, with active zooming laws.
Al Gore: Supports Malaysian opposition leader Ibrahim.
Bernie Sanders: Rotate judges on Supreme Court, like term limits.
Andrew Yang: Change Electoral College by proportional allocation of votes.
Andrew Yang: Congress should lower Federal voting age to 16.
Andrew Yang: Electoral College: allocate state votes proportionally.
Andrew Yang: Lower voting age to 16 in federal elections.
Rahm Emanuel: My position on term limits is called elections.
Kirsten Gillibrand: As U.S. rep held dozens of office hours at grocery stores.
Rahm Emanuel: I was charged to produce ObamaCare; and it happened.
Anthony Kennedy: ObamaCare should be justified by other Constitutional powers.
Principles & Values|
Pete Buttigieg: Tension between capitalism and democracy America's challenge.
Rahm Emanuel: Politicians are usually gray; I am not.
Rahm Emanuel: Washington is not broken; the GOP is broken.
George Allen: Conservative alternative to McCain in presidential jockeying.
Robert Reich: Open the lockbox & throw away key: Better reforms needed.
War & Peace|
Rahm Emanuel: Israel/Palestine framework deal easier than a final deal.
Tulsi Gabbard: Policy allowing women in combat roles long overdue.
Al Gore: Supported continuing 1998 air strikes in Iraq.
Al Gore: Supported Bush’s 1991 bombing of Iraq.
Welfare & Poverty|
Marcia Fudge: Fought cuts to food stamp program.
Rahm Emanuel: Expand the Earned Income Tax Credit.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles in The New Republic magazine.