Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of MN political races in The Minneapolis Star-Tribune
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Minneapolis Star-Tribune (number of quotes indicated):
- Dick Cheney (1) Former Republican Vice President
- Howard Dean (1) Democrat
- Ilhan Omar (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Minnesota- 5
- Jason Lewis (3) Republican Senate challenger Minnesota
- Jim Abeler (4) Republican challenger Minnesota
- Jim Hagedorn (1) Republican U.S. Rep Minnesota- 1
- John McCain (1) Republican
- Karin Housley (2) Republican candidate for Minnesota U.S. Senator Minnesota
- Kelli Ward (1) Republican candidate for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
- Lori Swanson (1) Minnesota Democratic candidate for governor of Minnesota
- Lou Barletta (1) Pennsylvania Former Republican candidate for Pennsylvania Governor
- Martha McSally (1) Republican appointee for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
- Mike Murphy (1) Minnesota Republican candidate for governor
- Norm Coleman (2) Former Republican Senator; lost court battle, 2009 Minnesota
- Paul Gazelka (2) Minnesota Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Walter Mondale (12) Former Democratic Challenger and Vice President (1981) Minnesota
- Wesley Clark (1) Democrat
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from the Minneapolis Star-Tribune:
- On 2022 Minnesota Governor race, "Walz, Jensen clash in first and only TV debate in Minnesota governor's race," by Jessie Van Berkel, October 18, 2022, (Link)
- "Former GOP Senate leader Paul Gazelka announces 2022 bid for governor," by Briana Bierschbach, September 8, 2021
- (2022_MN_Governor): "First Republican candidate announces bid for Minnesota governor," by Jessie Van Berkel, February 6, 2021
- (On Kelli Ward & Lou Barletta): Minneapolis Star-Tribune on 2018 Pennsylvania Senate race, 6/17/2018
- (On Martha McSally): Minneapolis Star-Tribune on 2018 Arizona Senate race, 6/17/2018
- (On Karin Housley): Minneapolis Star-Tribune: 2017-8 Minnesota special election, 1/20/2018
- (On Karin Housley): Minneapolis Star-Tribune: 2017-8 Minnesota special election, 11/16/2017
- (On Lori Swanson): Minneapolis Star-Tribune on 2018 Minnesota Governor race, 7/29/2017
- (On Howard Dean): Associated Press in Minneapolis Star-Tribune, 10/31/2003
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Paul Gazelka: Pro-life, might support Texas-style abortion ban.
Karin Housley: Pro-choice advocates don't represent state's everyday values.
Walter Mondale: Opposes ban on partial-birth abortion.
Walter Mondale: Vote against nominees who would overturn Roe v. Wade.
Walter Mondale: Supports gay spousal benefits but not gay marriage.
Karin Housley: Fight to end criminal elderly abuse in senior care homes.
Mike Murphy: Possibly legalize marijuana to raise state funds.
Jim Abeler: Oppose Common Core's centralized federal oversight.
Dick Cheney: Bush focuses on accountability; Gore on status quo.
Ilhan Omar: Anti-Israel tropes sparked House Resolution & apology.
Jason Lewis: Question dual loyalty of American Jews toward Israel.
Walter Mondale: Push North Korea to drop its nuclear program.
Norm Coleman: Supports permanent normal trade relations with China.
Walter Mondale: Supports NAFTA.
Walter Mondale: Supports permanent normal trade relations with China.
Howard Dean: Endorsed by NRA eight times as VT governor.
Jason Lewis: Keep pre-existing condition coverage in replacement plans.
John McCain: Voted against repealing ObamaCare's individual mandate.
Jim Abeler: Big companies benefit from ObamaCare but not regular people.
Jim Abeler: Preventative care; coordinated treatment; low-income clinics.
Walter Mondale: Adding prescription drug benefit to Medicare.
Lori Swanson: Joined other AG's in fight to keep transgendered troops.
Norm Coleman: Continue R&D on missile defense, and deploy it.
Walter Mondale: R&D on missile defense, but deployment destabilizes.
Jim Hagedorn: Illegal immigration overwhelms communities; disrupts order.
Kelli Ward: No amnesty & no compromise on immigrant family separation.
Lou Barletta: Avoiding immigrant family separation is amnesty.
Martha McSally: Study proposals to deal with immigrant family separation.
Principles & Values|
Paul Gazelka: Driven by his Christian faith, fought same sex marriage.
Jim Abeler: Former investment banker; outsider with no voting record.
Walter Mondale: Privatizing Social Security is “a dreadful idea”.
Walter Mondale: Cut FICA taxes on poor instead of tax cuts for rich.
War & Peace|
Wesley Clark: Bush’s terrorism policy is “all bully and no pulpit”.
Walter Mondale: Fight war on terror without infringing civil liberties.
Walter Mondale: Against authorizing use of force in Iraq.
Welfare & Poverty|
Jason Lewis: People on government assistance are parasites & scoundrels.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of MN political races in The Minneapolis Star-Tribune.