Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Tennessee House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from TN legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- ACLU (1)
- Bill Haslam (3) Tennessee Republican Governor
- Diane Black (3) Tennessee Republican candidate for Tennessee Governor
- Joe Carr (6) Republican Challenger Tennessee
- Mark E. Green (1) Republican U.S. Rep Tennessee- 7
- Phil Bredesen (4) Tennessee Former Democrat Governor (2002-2010)
- Steve Cohen (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Tennessee-9
- Tim Burchett (3) Republican U.S. Rep Tennessee- 2
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Tennessee state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- TN-R Tim Burchett - Elected 2018 to U.S.House (R-TN-2)
Member of the Tennessee House of Representatives from the 18th district (1995-1999)
Member of the Tennessee Senate from the 7th district (1999-2010)
Mayor of Knox County (2010-2018)
- TN-R Mark E. Green - Elected 2018 to U.S.House (R-TN-7)
Member of the Tennessee Senate from the 22nd district (2012-2018)
- R-TN-6 Diane Black - member of United States House of Representatives, 2011-2018, TN-6
Member of Tennessee Senate, 18th district, 2005-2010
Member of Tennessee House of Representatives, 45th district, 1999-2004
- R-TN-7 Marsha Blackburn - member of United States House of Representatives since 2019
Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, TN-7, 2003-2018
Member of the Tennessee Senate, 23rd district, 1999-2002
Executive Director of the Tennessee Film, Entertainment, and Music Commission, 1995-1997
- D-TN-9 Steve Cohen - member of United States House of Representatives, TN-9, since 2007
Member of Tennessee Senate, 3oth district, 1983-2006
Member of the Shelby County Commission, 1978-1980
- R-TN Joe Carr - 2014 Senate Challenger
Member of the Tennessee House of Representatives from the 48th district 2009 – 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
ACLU: Fight to defend Supreme Court's same-sex marriage ruling.
Mark E. Green: Overturn Supreme Court's same-sex marriage ruling.
Diane Black: Haley's Law: new criminal offenses on child abuse.
Phil Bredesen: Haley's Law: new criminal offenses on child abuse.
Steve Cohen: Haley's Law: new criminal offenses on child abuse.
Tim Burchett: Haley's Law: new criminal offenses on child abuse.
Joe Carr: Prohibit discrimination against college religious groups.
Joe Carr: Require photographic evidence of animal abuse.
Families & Children|
Bill Haslam: Abstinence-only education in K-12 schools.
Joe Carr: Abstinence-only education in K-12 schools.
Diane Black: Claire's Law: hearing loss screenings for every newborn.
Phil Bredesen: Claire's Law: hearing loss screenings for every newborn.
Tim Burchett: Claire's Law: hearing loss screenings for every newborn.
Bill Haslam: Increase campaign contribution limits but disallow lobbyists.
Bill Haslam: Require photo ID in order to vote.
Joe Carr: Increase campaign contribution limits but disallow lobbyists.
Joe Carr: Require photo ID in order to vote.
Diane Black: Require paper ballot trail on voting machines.
Phil Bredesen: Require paper ballot trail on voting machines.
Tim Burchett: Require paper ballot trail on voting machines.
Joe Carr: Permit the possession of firearms in restaurants and bars.
Phil Bredesen: Veto firearms permits in bars: guns and alcohol don't mix.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Tennessee House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- NBC News on Tennessee SD-022, on same-sex marriage, (Mark E. Green), 2/12/2019
- Tennessee SB 3310, on abstinence-only education, (Bill Haslam & Joe Carr), 4/27/2012
- Tennessee SB 1915, on campaign contribution limits, (Bill Haslam & Joe Carr), 5/21/2011
- Tennessee SB 16, on photo ID to vote, (Bill Haslam & Joe Carr), 4/14/2011
- Press release on Tennessee HB 962, on firearms in restaurants, (Joe Carr & Phil Bredesen), 5/28/2009
- Press release on Tennessee HB1256/SB1363, on paper ballot trail, (Diane Black & Phil Bredesen), 6/6/2008
- Press release on Tennessee SB3191/HB2743, on Claire's Law, (Diane Black & Phil Bredesen), 7/1/2008
- Press release on Tennessee voting record SB504, Haley's Law, (Black, Bredesen & Cohen), 8/2/2005