Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2021 New Jersey Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2021 NJ Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Hirsh Singh (3) New Jersey Republican candidate for Governor
- Jack Ciattarelli (19) New Jersey Republican Challenger
- Phil Murphy (1) New Jersey Democratic 2021 Gubernatorial contender
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Jersey 2021 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Middletown Patch, "NJ Gov. Candidate Against Vaccine Passports, Rutgers' Mandate," by Carly Baldwin, Apr 1, 2021
- The Rider News, "Ciattarelli brings campaign for governor to Rider and pushes Murphy on policy," by Stephen Neukam, March 10, 2021
- The Ridgewood Blog, "Gubernatorial Candidate Ciattarelli Looks to Revive Republican Fortunes," January 6, 2021
- ABC This Week interview of Phil Murphy on 2021 New Jersey gubernatorial race, 12.13.2020
- New Jersey Globe, "Singh launches bid for Governor against Murphy," by David Wildstein, November 09, 2020
- InsiderNJ.com, "Ciattarelli Announces Campaign Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation," February 12, 2020
- Bridgewater Courier News, "Jersey guy Jack Ciattarelli adds fire to his gubernatorial campaign," by Mike Deak, Jan. 22, 2020
- Bergen Record, "First GOP challenger announces run to unseat NJ Gov. Phil Murphy," by Dustin Racioppi, Jan. 21, 2020
- InsiderNJ.com , "Jack Ciattarelli: A Wendell Willkie and Larry Hogan in Waiting," by Alan Steinberg, April 9, 2019,
- (More citations and excerpts to follow when available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Jack Ciattarelli: Pandemic restaurant restrictions devastated the economy.
Jack Ciattarelli: Lower property taxes, grow the economy.
Jack Ciattarelli: Prohibits discrimination & harassment among campaign.
Jack Ciattarelli: Adopt Delaware's bylaws; cut corporate tax rate in half.
Jack Ciattarelli: Drug epidemic should remain a priority.
Jack Ciattarelli: Don't mandate college vaccination until others vaccinated.
Jack Ciattarelli: Re-balance over-funded vs/ under-funded school districts.
Energy & Oil|
Jack Ciattarelli: Should accelerate use of natural gas, not phase it out.
Jack Ciattarelli: Will be a green governor; safe, clean water imperative.
Jack Ciattarelli: Require photo ID, purge voter rolls, allow early voting.
Jack Ciattarelli: Call for Constitutional Convention and referendums.
Hirsh Singh: Corrupt vote-by-mail system destroyed election's integrity.
Jack Ciattarelli: COVID: Against requiring showing proof of vaccination.
Phil Murphy: Pounding away against anti-vax bloc: they're safe, they work.
Hirsh Singh: COVID: don't stop family get-togethers for Thanksgiving.
Jack Ciattarelli: Protect those with pre-existing conditions; lower costs.
Jack Ciattarelli: Let local law agencies work with ICE on illegal immigration.
Jack Ciattarelli: Reform public employee benefits system.
Principles & Values|
Hirsh Singh: Claims Antifa is "radical, paramilitary arm" of Democrats.
Jack Ciattarelli: Don't make New Jersey the California of the East Coast.
Jack Ciattarelli: Contract with NJ GOP: lower taxes, cut spending, reduce debt.
Jack Ciattarelli: Top priorities: lower property tax, reform state tax code.
Jack Ciattarelli: School funding formula is root of property tax growth.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Hirsh Singh New Jersey Republican candidate for Governor
- Jack Ciattarelli New Jersey Republican Challenger
- Phil Murphy New Jersey Democratic 2021 Gubernatorial contender
The above quotations are from 2021 New Jersey Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Gov. Murphy up for re-election in 2021:
2021 NJ Gubernatorial debate
Past gubernatorial races:
2017 New Jersey gubernatorial debate,
Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno (R, won 2017 primary)
Phil Murphy(D, won 2017 election)
vs.Ray Lesniak(D, lost 2017 primary)
Mayor Steve Fulop (declined Dem. primary, Sept. 2016)
Former gubernatorial races:
2013 New Jersey gubernatorial debates
2009 N.J. gubernatorial debates
State Sen. Barbara Buono (D)
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: