Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 New Jersey Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 NJ Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Hirsh Singh (18) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger New Jersey
- Phil Murphy (1) New Jersey Democratic 2021 Gubernatorial contender
- Rik Mehta (13) Republican Senate Nominee New Jersey
- Robert Menendez (1) Democratic Jr Senator; previously Representative New Jersey
- Stuart Meissner (10) Republican Senate challenger New Jersey
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Jersey 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- American Family Association "iVoterGuide" on 2020 New Jersey Senate race (Hirsh Singh), downloaded Oct. 2020
- Shore News Network, "Rik Mehta's U.S. Senate Campaign Out of Cash as Debt Climbs Over $300,000," August 17, 2020
- InsiderNJ.com blog, "Rik Mehta Calls for a Statewide Day of Prayer, Peace and Nonviolence," June 3, 2020
- New Jersey Globe, "Singh wants Trump to send troops into New Jersey," by Nikita Biryukov, June 02 2020
- Fox News, "Rik Mehta says 'hard work, humble beginnings' separate him from foe," by Brian Flood, April 18, 2020
- Jewish Link NJ e-zine, "Meet Stuart Meissner, Republican Challenger to Cory Booker," by Robert Isler, 1/22/20
- Fox News, "GOP Senate candidate aims to beat Cory Booker," by Nick Givas, Jan. 7, 2020
- Daily Caller, "First Generation Trump-Supporting Minority Challenges Cory Booker," by Alec Sears, Dec. 30, 2019
- SaveJersey.com, "Jewish Senate candidate praises Trump's anti-Semitism executive order, by Matt Rooney, 12/12/19
- InsiderNJ.com, "Senate Contender Stuart Meissner: The InsiderNJ Interview," by Fred Snowflack, December 12, 2019
- Shore News Network, "Hirsh Singh: Driver's License Bad News for Jersey Residents," by Phil Stilton, Dec. 6, 2019
- Idaho Statesman, "Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong," Associated Press, Nov. 27, 2019
- New Jersey Globe, "Meissner hits Dems over impeachment resolution," by Nikita Biryukov, October 31, 2019
- Bergen Record, "NJ gun owners rally for right to bear arms," by Richard Cowen, April 14, 2018
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection: Survey responses by Hirsh Singh, 2017
- Bergen Record, "These are 5 things Ciattarelli will do as governor," by Bob Jordan, March 20, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Hirsh Singh: New Jersey should promote a philosophy of life, not death.
Rik Mehta: Protect unborn children from the moment of conception.
Budget & Economy|
Rik Mehta: Supports a balanced budget amendment.
Hirsh Singh: New Jersey should get more of its tax dollars back.
Hirsh Singh: People free to be themselves; don't force it upon us.
Stuart Meissner: Supports expansion of Title VI addressing anti-Semitism.
Hirsh Singh: Supports sending troops into New Jersey to "Protect America".
Rik Mehta: Lock up violent offenders and throw away the key.
Rik Mehta: Eliminate aid to socialist governments run on trafficking.
Hirsh Singh: Treat drug addiction as a public health problem.
Hirsh Singh: Empower public, private, home school environments.
Hirsh Singh: School violence due to political indoctrination, propaganda.
Rik Mehta: Backs school choice for those locked in failing schools.
Hirsh Singh: Introduce meaningful school choice reform.
Energy & Oil|
Hirsh Singh: Against switch over to high-risk energy systems.
Stuart Meissner: Climate change real, but response must be joint effort.
Rik Mehta: China: masters of misinformation, not to be trusted.
Stuart Meissner: Against Iran nuclear deal that sent money used for terrorism.
Robert Menendez: Unequivocal support for Hong Kong protests against China.
Rik Mehta: For trade, but ensure other nations don't take advantage.
Hirsh Singh: If they take AR-15 rifles, will cell phones be next?
Rik Mehta: Never back down from defending the 2nd Amendment.
Stuart Meissner: Supports 2nd Amendment, background checks.
Phil Murphy: Reduce maximum magazine size from 15 rounds to 10.
Rik Mehta: Against Medicare for All, end excessive regulation.
Stuart Meissner: Under socialized medicine "I wouldn't be alive today".
Stuart Meissner: Americans should not pay higher prices for drugs.
Hirsh Singh: Cap malpractice damages; limit frivolous lawsuits.
Hirsh Singh: End undermining the sanctity of American citizenship.
Rik Mehta: For the wall; against healthcare for illegal immigrants.
Stuart Meissner: Not fair for illegal immigrants to cut the line.
Hirsh Singh: Illegal immigration should not be allowed.
Hirsh Singh: Illegal immigrants getting driver's licenses will ruin state.
Principles & Values|
Rik Mehta: Campaign $300,000+ in debt, entire campaign staff quit.
Hirsh Singh: I take absolute pride in being morally consistent.
Rik Mehta: We need God, we need prayer, reopen houses of worship.
Stuart Meissner: Lifelong Democrat turned Trump supporter.
Hirsh Singh: Higher tax burdens are counterproductive.
Stuart Meissner: Raise property tax deduction to $20,000.
Stuart Meissner: Remove cap on federal deductions for local taxes.
Hirsh Singh: End the inheritance tax, the gas tax, and property tax hikes.
Hirsh Singh: Potholes have become a de facto tax on citizens.
War & Peace|
Rik Mehta: Bring our troops home when it's not our war.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Hirsh Singh Republican 2020 Senate Challenger New Jersey
- Phil Murphy New Jersey Democratic 2021 Gubernatorial contender
- Rik Mehta Republican Senate Nominee New Jersey
- Robert Menendez Democratic Jr Senator; previously Representative New Jersey
- Stuart Meissner Republican Senate challenger New Jersey
The above quotations are from 2020 New Jersey Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator Jeff Flake (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)