Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Georgia Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 GA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Brian Kemp (1) Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- David Perdue (44) Republican challenger Georgia
- John James (1) Republican Senate challenger Michigan
- Johnny Isakson (1) Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Georgia
- Jon Ossoff (62) Democratic Senate challenger Georgia
- Raphael Warnock (2) Democratic Challenger Georgia
- Shane Hazel (21) Libertarian Senate nominee Georgia
- Ted Terry (11) Democratic Senate challenger Georgia
- Teresa Tomlinson (21) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Georgia
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Georgia 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- This is coverage of the regularly-scheduled 6-year Senate election; Georgia also has a special election for a 2-year Senate term to replace retiring Senator Johnny Isakson.
- CNN State of the Union Interview of Georgia Senatorial Candidate Jon Ossoff, January 03, 2021
- The Hill blog, "Ossoff debates empty podium as Perdue refuses to participate," by Marina Pitofsky, 12/06/20
- Washington Post, "In the Georgia runoff, just showing up for the debate was apparently the hardest part," by Robin Givhan, Dec. 6, 2020
- The Independent (UK), "Addressing an empty podium, Democrat Jon Ossoff blasts an absent Senator David Perdue," by Griffin Connolly, 12/6/20
- Jon Ossoff Press Conference: "Pattern of Misconduct and Self-dealing by Sen. David Perdue," Nov 30, 2020
- On Common Ground News, "Everytown for Gun Safety announces support for Jon Ossoff, Raphael Warnock in Georgia runoffs," Nov. 8, 2020
- The Jewish Forward, "Jon Ossoff's last election-night party felt like a Bar Mitzvah, and more Jewish things to know about him," by David Ian Klein, Nov. 6, 2020
- Human Rights Campaign, "Jon Ossoff and Rev. Raphael Warnock to Head into Run-Off Election," by Nick Morrow, November 5, 2020
- Fox News, "Who is Jon Ossoff? 4 things to know about Georgia's Senate candidate," by Morgan Phillips, Nov 4, 2020
- Fox News, "Who is David Perdue? 8 things to know about the Georgia senator," by Morgan Phillips, Nov 3, 2020
- Gwinnett Daily Post, "U.S. Senator David Perdue delivers on judges," by Mike Davis, Nov 2, 2020
- Associated Press, "Familiar refrain by Perdue, Ossoff in Georgia Senate debate," by Ben Nadler, October 28, 2020
- The Intercept, "Sen. David Perdue Led Dollar General's Outsourcing Effort into China," by Lee Fang, October 27, 2020
- The Nation magazine, "Can Georgia's Jon Ossoff Finish the Job This November?," by Joan Walsh, October 26, 2020
- Albany Herald, "Georgia Chamber endorses David Perdue in Senate race," Oct 24, 2020
- August Chronicle, "Guest Column: Perdue is the statesman Georgia needs," by U.S. Sen. Tim Scott, Oct. 23, 2020
- Atlanta Magazine, "11 questions for Georgia U.S. Senate candidate Shane Hazel & Jon Ossoff," By Sean Keenan, 10/23/2020
- Vox.com, "Sen. David Perdue's racist treatment of Sen. Kamala Harris's name was all too familiar," by Li Zhouli, Oct 18, 2020
- AllOnGeorgia.com, "2020 CANDIDATE INSIDER: Shane Hazel, Candidate for U.S. Senate," by Jessica Szilagyi, 10/01/2020
- American Family Association "iVoterGuide" on 2020 Georgia Senate race (Shane Hazel), downloaded Oct. 2020
- OnTheIssues transcript AdWatch: Ossoff ad: "Echo" TV ad, July 27, 2020
- OnTheIssues transcript AdWatch: Ossoff ad: "Fighting corruption is my job" TV ad, July 9 2020
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "As protests continue, legislators float new measures to address racial disparities," by Tia Mitchell & Greg Bluestein, June 16, 2020
- ABC News, "Jon Ossoff wins Georgia Senate primary; will face Perdue," by Ben Nadler & R.J. Rico, June 10, 2020
- The Jewish Insider, "Jon Ossoff is back at it, with two competing Senate candidates on his heels," by Matthew Kassel, June 5, 2020
- Under the Radar Mag, "Mayor Ted Terry on Running for Senate in Georgia," by Steve King, Dec 19, 2019
- Times-Enterprise, "Tomlinson says track record shows she can deliver," by Erik Yabor, Aug 7, 2019
- ProjectQ.us blog, "'Queer Eye' Clarkston Mayor Ted Terry running for U.S. Senate," by Patrick Saunders, Jul 24, 2019
- Georgia Public Broadcasting, GPB NPR, "Clarkston Mayor Ted Terry Joins Democratic Race For 2020 Senate," by Stephen Fowler, 7/10/19
- Metro Atlanta CEO, "Perdue Honored By Marsy's Law For Georgia," May 31, 2019
- The Roanoke Times, "What Georgia voters should know about Teresa Tomlinson," May 18, 2019
- Project Q Atlanta, "Tomlinson touts LGBTQ record in run for U.S. Senate," by Patrick Saunders, May 16, 2019
- Television Business International, "Georgia Senate hopeful Jon Ossoff on democracy & the media," by Jon Ossoff, January 2019
- Press release, "Perdue Announces Support For Improved First Step Act," 12.10.18
- ABC News, "Perdue rips phone out of student's hand as he's asking question," by Mark Osborne, Oct 15, 2018
- White House press release, "WTAS: Support for President Trump's Successful Trade Negotiations with Mexico and Canada," Oct. 2, 2018
- NewsHounds.US, "Black Republican Candidate John James To Assure Us Trump Is Not A Racist," August 12, 2018
- CityLab.com blog, "What Happens When a Georgia Mayor Gets a Queer Eye Makeover," by Claire Tran, August 3, 2018
- RollCall.com, "Trump Helsinki Remarks Expose GOP Divide on Foreign Policy," by Rachel Oswald, July 18, 2018
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Woodall, Hazel clash over Mueller probe, illegal immigration in debate", By Jeremy Redmon, 04/04/2018
- USA Today, "Rising debt is greatest national security threat. Here's how to fix it," by David Perdue, Oct. 5, 2017
- US Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC.org), "400+ Georgia Leaders Back Diplomacy to Advance US Interests Overseas," 8/25/17
- Georgia Public Broadcasting, "Perdue Urges Diplomatic Response To North Korea," by Max Moran, Aug 25, 2017
- GeorgiaPol.com, "David Perdue Wrong on Justice Reform," by Jason Pye, May 2, 2016
- Albany Herald, "Perdue outlines three crises in maiden Senate speech," by Jim Hendricks, Apr 27, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
David Perdue: Backed ban on most abortions after six weeks.
Jon Ossoff: Will only confirm judges pledged to uphold Roe v. Wade.
Shane Hazel: Government has helped execute over 70 million babies.
Jon Ossoff: Will only vote to confirm judges who will uphold Roe v. Wade.
Raphael Warnock: Supports Roe and a woman's right to choose.
Teresa Tomlinson: A woman is the sole fiduciary of her body and any pregnancy.
Johnny Isakson: Returned from surgery to defund Planned Parenthood.
Budget & Economy|
Jon Ossoff: COVID: Another round of $1,200 stimulus checks.
Jon Ossoff: Republican Senate will mean paralysis and gridlock.
Jon Ossoff: For stricter government oversight; cut duplicate programs.
David Perdue: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau a "rogue agency".
Jon Ossoff: More regulation of banks, reinstate Glass-Steagall Act.
Shane Hazel: Government has no Constitutional authority for stimulus.
David Perdue: Supported Opportunity Zones to incentivize investment.
Jon Ossoff: COVID: Put families & small business ahead on relief.
David Perdue: For Paycheck Protection Program, pro-market solutions.
Jon Ossoff: COVID: we need more direct relief from federal government.
Jon Ossoff: Upgraded infrastructure foundation for decades of prosperity.
Jon Ossoff: Investment in infrastructure is overdue.
Teresa Tomlinson: Invest in infrastructure for rural farmers.
Jon Ossoff: Fund public media, guarantee editorial independence.
David Perdue: Supreme Court overstepped in legalizing same-sex marriage.
Jon Ossoff: Supports LGBTQ rights & Equality Act.
Shane Hazel: Let gay couples defend pot farms with machine guns.
Jon Ossoff: We need a new Civil Rights Act to deal with systemic bias.
Jon Ossoff: For Equality Act, opposes any military ban.
Jon Ossoff: Can no longer go down a path of racism.
Teresa Tomlinson: Expand Voting Rights Act; end voter suppression.
Ted Terry: Made Election Day a city holiday.
Ted Terry: Registered 8000 new Americans as voters over six years.
Teresa Tomlinson: Add sexual orientation & gender identity to Civil Rights Act.
Ted Terry: Prioritize Equality Act; overturn transgender military ban.
Brian Kemp: OpEd: refuses to process thousands of voter registrations.
David Perdue: OpEd: avoids voter suppression questions.
John James: Trump policies good for African-Americans & elevate everyone.
Jon Ossoff: Reinstate Glass-Steagall; end speculative trading.
David Perdue: Need police reform, but vast majority of cops are honorable.
Jon Ossoff: Establish national standards for use of force by police.
Shane Hazel: Release all non-violent offenders; end drug war.
Jon Ossoff: Crimes under Trump: act prudently, but accountability.
Jon Ossoff: Demilitarize the police; ban private prisons.
Jon Ossoff: Reverse militarization of police; ban private prisons.
Jon Ossoff: Don't defund the police; answer is to reform the police.
Teresa Tomlinson: End abuse of cash bail bonds & for-profit prisons.
Teresa Tomlinson: Fund reentry programs and restore voting rights to ex-felons.
Ted Terry: Supports "civilian-led policing" board hiring, firing police.
David Perdue: Supports expanding rights of crime victims.
David Perdue: Supported First Step Act with restrictions.
David Perdue: Opposed Sentencing Reform Act as too lenient.
David Perdue: Supports medical marijuana, not recreational use.
Jon Ossoff: Past time to legalize, regulate, and tax cannabis.
Shane Hazel: End wars, including the drug war.
Shane Hazel: Marijuana is a right.
Teresa Tomlinson: Remove marijuana from Controlled Substance Act schedule.
Teresa Tomlinson: End sentencing disparities between crack and powder cocaine.
Ted Terry: Decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana.
David Perdue: Supports school choice including private schools.
David Perdue: Free tuition is what Soviets, Nazis, Cubans, Venezuelans did.
Jon Ossoff: Supports debt forgiveness; tuition free state schools.
Shane Hazel: Never pay for college loans; they chose to take on debt.
Shane Hazel: Eliminate the U.S. Department of Education.
David Perdue: Helped secure permanent funding for HBCUs.
Jon Ossoff: Make trade school, vocational training, public colleges free.
Teresa Tomlinson: Led the fight to save women's college from shutting down.
Energy & Oil|
David Perdue: Support withdrawal from Paris Agreement.
Jon Ossoff: Climate change is a major threat, invest in clean energy.
Shane Hazel: No government funding for renewable energy.
Teresa Tomlinson: Clean economy will create jobs, lower energy costs.
Ted Terry: Commitment to 100% clean energy transition.
Ted Terry: Climate change is personal because I'm 36, will be around.
David Perdue: Roll back stifling Obama-era regulations.
Jon Ossoff: Reverse Trump rollbacks of environmental standards.
Jon Ossoff: Aggressive protection of endangered species and habitats.
Jon Ossoff: Supports Israel, continuing U.S. military aid.
David Perdue: Voted against blocking arm sales to Saudi Arabia.
Jon Ossoff: Supports blocking arm sales to Saudi Arabia.
Shane Hazel: US in 150 countries is for international aristocrats.
Jon Ossoff: US should play active role in Israel/Palestine diplomacy.
Teresa Tomlinson: My support for Israel is unshakable.
Teresa Tomlinson: Restore and support our traditional alliances.
David Perdue: Defends Trump on Putin; must engage with Russia.
David Perdue: National debt impacts our foreign policy.
David Perdue: US should provide aid to encourage development.
David Perdue: Reluctantly came to support Trump steel, aluminum tariffs.
David Perdue: Aggressively imported cheap Chinese products as CEO.
Shane Hazel: Remove barriers to international trade.
Jon Ossoff: Attack unfair practices by overseas competitors.
Teresa Tomlinson: Reject policies that put our farmers at disadvantage.
David Perdue: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
David Perdue: OpEd: Refusal to debate seemed lordly and dismissive.
Jon Ossoff: Perdue lying about stock trades is totally unacceptable.
David Perdue: Republican Secretary of State should resign over election.
David Perdue: Idea of voter suppression is a lie out of the pit of hell.
David Perdue: Strong advocate for Congressional term limits.
Jon Ossoff: End Citizens United; get dark money out of politics.
Jon Ossoff: We need a new Voting Rights Act.
Jon Ossoff: Trying to take away sacred right to vote is disgraceful.
Jon Ossoff: Open to discussing getting rid of filibuster.
Jon Ossoff: Open to term limits for federal judges.
Shane Hazel: No regulation of indirect campaign contributions.
David Perdue: Ample guns laws on the books; supports background checks.
Jon Ossoff: Supports background checks, assault weapon ban.
Shane Hazel: Repeal all gun laws; strictly interpret 2nd Amendment.
Jon Ossoff: Background checks; red flag laws; assault weapon ban.
Teresa Tomlinson: Universal background checks; assault weapon ban.
Ted Terry: 2nd Amendment doesn't mean unfettered access to guns.
Jon Ossoff: Supports public option over Medicare-for-All.
David Perdue: Repeal fining poor because they can't afford ObamaCare.
David Perdue: COVID: We've done everything we could.
Jon Ossoff: Improve ACA, not repeal it.
Jon Ossoff: COVID: Trump's response "gross incompetence".
Jon Ossoff: COVID: out of control because government ignored science.
Shane Hazel: Have state and fed remove themselves from healthcare.
Jon Ossoff: Expand Medicaid, invest in new public health clinics.
David Perdue: Market based solutions, crack down on fraud in Medicare.
David Perdue: Incentivize drug manufacturers to lower prices.
David Perdue: Invest in equipping vulnerable populations.
Jon Ossoff: Will oppose ongoing efforts to defund Medicare.
Jon Ossoff: Empower Medicare to negotiate lower drug prices.
Jon Ossoff: More federal support for eldercare in America.
Jon Ossoff: Ensure all Americans have insurance, for public option.
Teresa Tomlinson: Lower Medicare eligibility to 55, offer public option.
Teresa Tomlinson: Concerned about closure of rural hospitals.
Shane Hazel: Abolish the Veterans Administration.
David Perdue: US must address global security crisis with strong defense.
David Perdue: Citizenship for DACA tied to cutting immigration.
Jon Ossoff: DREAMers are Americans and here to stay.
Jon Ossoff: Strengthen borders, path for undocumented immigrants.
Teresa Tomlinson: End family separation & citizenship for DREAMers.
Ted Terry: Refugees exemplify the best of what America offers.
Shane Hazel: Shut off the welfare magnet; have troops patrol border.
David Perdue: Co-sponsored National Right-to-Work Act.
David Perdue: Raising minimum wage kills jobs.
Jon Ossoff: Minimum wage should be livable wage.
Teresa Tomlinson: Support right to organize & protect benefits.
Teresa Tomlinson: Raise minimum wage to $15 with cost of living adjustments.
Ted Terry: Raised city minimum wages to $15 an hour.
Principles & Values|
Jon Ossoff: Refusal to debate shows arrogance & sense of entitlement.
Jon Ossoff: Standard for Senators higher than not being prosecuted.
Jon Ossoff: On Day One, I'll place my stock portfolio in a blind trust.
Jon Ossoff: Criticizes "cultural elitism" of Hollywood.
David Perdue: COVID: Stock trades came under investigation.
Shane Hazel: Individual right to beliefs, including spreading Gospel.
David Perdue: Strong supporter of judges in the mold of Antonin Scalia.
Jon Ossoff: Multiracial coalition with shared values emerging.
David Perdue: Mocked Kamala Harris's first name at Trump rally.
Raphael Warnock: Youngest pastor to lead Atlanta's Ebenezer Baptist Church.
Jon Ossoff: Dedicated my career to fighting corruption.
Jon Ossoff: His faith informs his approach to politics.
Ted Terry: Prefers evidence-based policy making.
Shane Hazel: Taxation is theft; Social Security is a giant Ponzi scheme.
David Perdue: Return to sensible budgeting to stabilize Social Security.
Jon Ossoff: Strengthen and protect Social Security benefits.
Jon Ossoff: Doesn't support increase in income tax rates.
David Perdue: Trump tax cuts having a positive impact across the country.
Jon Ossoff: We borrow trillions to cut taxes for the wealthy.
Shane Hazel: Taxation is theft.
Jon Ossoff: Lower taxes for all but the wealthiest Americans.
War & Peace|
David Perdue: Opposed requiring Congressional approval of attack on Iran.
Shane Hazel: Our policy should be that of non-intervention.
Shane Hazel: Forever wars are killing us; #EndTheWars.
Teresa Tomlinson: Congress should vote on war actions, including Afghanistan.
Teresa Tomlinson: Sanctions against Iran, but diplomacy as well.
David Perdue: North Korean sanctions prove diplomacy succeeds.
The above quotations are from 2020 Georgia Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)