Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Washington Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 WA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Bryant (13) Washington Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Jay Inslee (4) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Washington Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- WA-Democrats.org, "Republican Bill Bryant Supports Donald Trump's Republican Agenda", by Washington State Democrats staff, May 17th, 2016
- MyNorthwest.com, "Worthy of damnation", by Jason Rantz, 4/4/2016
- Seattle Times, "5 interesting bills Inslee vetoed", by Evan Bush, March 11, 2016
- MyNorthwest.com, "Not your average Republican: Can Bill Bryant sway voters with his stance on social issues?", by Eric Mandel, March 10th, 2016
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer, "Boa constrictor returns", by Joel Connelly, February 12, 2016
- MyNorthwest.com, "GOPís best shot for Washington governor; this is what heís about", by MyNorthwest.com staff, January 21st, 2016
- N.W. Daily Marker, "Possible 2016 challenge", by Bryan Myrick, 2/12/2015
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer, "Seriously exploring run", by Joel Connelly, February 5, 2016
- Huffington Post, "Can Election Cash Sway Green Politicians?", by Carol Pierson Holding, June 24, 2015
- Seattle Times, "Port Commissioner Bill Bryant announces run for governor", by Jim Brunner, May 14, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bill Bryant: I don't want the government telling me how to live my life.
Bill Bryant: Supports repeal of right to transgender bathroom choice.
Bill Bryant: Act aggressively to support charter schools.
Energy & Oil|
Bill Bryant: I believe in climate change, but focus elsewhere.
Jay Inslee: I see climate change already affecting Washingtonians.
Bill Bryant: Supported leasing oil drilling port for jobs benefit.
Jay Inslee: Supports oil refinery (plus biofuel) along Columbia River.
Bill Bryant: Allow oil rigs through Port of Seattle for Arctic drilling.
Bill Bryant: OpEd: Claims conservationism, but enabled Arctic drilling.
Bill Bryant: Expand trade and tourism; that creates jobs.
Jay Inslee: Foreign trade & strong workforce are inextricably linked.
Bill Bryant: I support the second amendment.
Bill Bryant: The ACA made employers hire fewer full-time employees.
Jay Inslee: Washingtonians work harder, but not sharing national wealth.
Principles & Values|
Bill Bryant: Good Catholic but for separation of church & state.
Bill Bryant: As port commissioner, his lean budget led to tax relief.
Bill Bryant: Refocus Transportation Dept. on reducing traffic congestion.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bill Bryant Washington Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Jay Inslee Washington Democratic Washington Governor
The above quotations are from 2016 Washington Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)