Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 Alabama Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Alabama Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Kay Ivey (9) Alabama Republican Alabama Governor
- Parker Griffith (3) Alabama Democratic Challenger for Governor
- Robert Bentley (6) Alabama Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alabama Gubernatorial race:
- Montgomery Advertiser, "Bentley: No debate with Parker Griffith", by Brian Lyman, 9/8/2014
- AL.com, "Lift state off bottom in test score ranking", by Mike Cason, 9/7/2014
- AL.com AdWatch, "Griffith has new ad touting his support for education lottery", by Charles J. Dean, 9/3/2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Kay Ivey: Signed amicus brief to stop abortions after 20 weeks.
Robert Bentley: Do everything to protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Budget & Economy|
Kay Ivey: Reduce red tape to improve \business climate.
Kay Ivey: Tax relief to job creators and small businesses.
Kay Ivey: Remove bad teachers; let students leave failing schools.
Parker Griffith: Statewide lottery to fund Alabama schools.
Robert Bentley: First Class Pre-K good, but only enrolls 12% of kids.
Parker Griffith: AdWatch: New statewide vote on school-funding lottery.
Robert Bentley: First Class program: voluntary Pre-K education.
Kay Ivey: Reduce legislators' salary; remove ability to set own salary.
Kay Ivey: 5,000 fewer state employees than three years ago.
Kay Ivey: Do everything we can to preserve right to bear arms.
Robert Bentley: Freedoms are guaranteed in the Second Amendment.
Kay Ivey: 1,000-foot perimeter at military funerals to enforce respect.
Principles & Values|
Parker Griffith: 20-foot inflatable duck: Bentley is "ducking" the debates.
Robert Bentley: Refuses to debate, after promising to debate post-primaries.
Robert Bentley: We are endowed with certain Freedoms by our Creator.
Kay Ivey: $1 billion invested in Alabama's road and bridges.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Kay Ivey Alabama Republican Alabama Governor
- Parker Griffith Alabama Democratic Challenger for Governor
- Robert Bentley Alabama Republican Governor
The above quotations are from 2014 Alabama Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)